Wednesday, April 14, 2010

SCI Annual Swap Meet: 4-10-2010

This past Saturday market SCI's annual swap meet hosted at their shop in Minneapolis.  It had been awhile since I had been back to their place, and I couldn't have picked a better day to go and visit.  The thing with this swap meet, coupled with Eurowerks and the local VW/Audi/Euro scene is it turns from a swap meet into a car show with the cars that show up.

The vendors had the main shop area and garage/driveway to showcase their items for sale.  Let me tell you, deals were to be had everywhere you turned.  I found myself eying a few sets of wheels despite having just sold my b5 Passat just a few months back and my Lexus certainly can't pull of 16s.  Common sense had to keep the pocket-book in check!  Not only were there some great parts for sale, there were some really nice cars people brought to try and sell.  The gem of the day had to have been the mk1 Scirocco with 14,xxx original miles.  Absolutely mint condition, looking as if it had just rolled off the showroom floor.

The other part, of course, are the cars that show up to socialize.  A lot of great cars showed up from nu-wave to old skool.  Some of the highlights for me were SCI's mk1 1.8t rabbit, the former SST 7-series BMW,  Jetta wagon with full R32 engine and drive-train swap, and the Further Performance rat-look Bug.  It was a great time, I had a blast and got to see some old faces.  I still love the local Euro scene as the people are great and the cars are top class.


More Pictures here:  Flickr
SCI Performance
Eurowerks

No comments:

Post a Comment