Thursday, April 1, 2010

AZ Trip: Final Installment With Vegas Trip

Whew!  Long trip, a lot of driving, but well worth it.  I'm back home in MN and already miss my lovely boyfriend, but that is the nature of long-distance relationships.  Didn't have the internet for a few days so that is the reason for the lack of updates, but here is the final installment (I know the suspense has been killing you...okay maybe not, just a writer's aspirations...).

our room at the Sahara...excuse the messiness, haha.

view just outside of our window on the 21st floor.  Some very high-class apartments across the street.  Definitely did a lot of site-seeing and acting like tourists.  Did a lot of walking too, which we both like and it's good for me since I have been losing weight (shameless plug).  We visited the Luxor, Excaliber, the Bellagio, the Aria, the Encore, and the Wynn hotels.  Vegas has really changed since we had been there last.

The Riviera, right down the street from where we were staying.

I believe this is the Palazzo.  New hotel by the Encore and the Wynn.  Excuse the blurry pics.  I decided not to bring my tripod with as we walked the strip.

Entrance to the Encore.  All I can say about this place and the Wynn is WOW!  Stunning hotels, very high class.

Inside the Encore.  Like I said, amazing.  The garden/pool area was beautiful.  Too bad it was closed by the time we got there.  The walkway between the Encore and Wynn had a lot of high-end shops and a pretty swanky club that we didn't check out.  A lot of fakes wannabes lined up, mixed in with a few real big-spenders.  When we got the Wynn though, my heart skipped a beat.

Yep, there was a Ferrari store and museum.  The museum was closed, but the store was open so I had a giddy, car-guy moment while my boyfriend laughed.

They had an actual F1 engine on display.  This is an automotive masterpiece.  I could have admired this piece all night, but they were getting ready to close.

Also the front wing from the 01 car (I believe).  Sweet store, wish I brought more money!

After checking out the hotels, we found a Korean BBQ restaurant and got our grub on.  I love authentic places and love my oriental food.  My boyfriend didn't seem to mind one bit!


Great food, we both liked it!

Outside of Circus Circus.  Of course we hit up the arcade!
Funny billboard down the street from the hotel.  Looks like a dollar can go far!


Back in AZ, just before leaving.  =(  It was a great time.  The trip was worth it and of course it was nice to see my boyfriend.  Dracul on the left, me on the right.  A Firedragon and a Husky in love.  =)

1 comment:

  1. Drakul told me to look forward to the images of the Korean buffet.

    That’s one swanky hotel! I smile at having the photographs to aid my introduction to it and the surroundings.

    Also, I am a little bit intrigued now. What makes the F1 engine specifically “an automotive masterpiece?” I must admit, it’s rather beautiful with its symmetry and mechanical intricacy—but I am at a loss when it comes to the history of the machine.

    ReplyDelete