Friday, May 21, 2010

Local Artist: Ratte

So, we're going to change gears for a minute here.  Car stuff is all fine and dandy, but I'm not so one-dimensional.  I appreciate art, whether traditional or digital, art has always been an interest of mine.  Of course, my own talents are lacking, but that hasn't stopped me from meeting some rather accomplished artists.

One aspect of the fur community that I love is the amount of art that is produced based on the fandom.  I have always liked anthro art, attempting to sketch and draw from time to time.  I say attempt because, well, let's face it, I do not have the talent for it.  However, I have met a few friends that do.

A rather local artist, Ratte, is somewhat of a celebrity over on Fur Affinity.  I chanced a message that eventually led to conversation.  I am quite glad I did.  Not only is she a very good artist, but a rather kind person.  I continually browse her gallery over at FA, impressed at every piece that I see.  Even the sketches, I am amazed at the detail and realism.

However, in one of our recent conversations, she hinted at a new piece she was working on, which she was incorporating some new technique.  Needless to say, I was curious as to what would result, but I knew it would be good.  When she finally showed me the finished piece, I was blown away!  The realism and attention to detail is amazing in the piece.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  If you want to see more of Ratte's work, visit her FA page and gallery here:  Ratte's Fur Affinity Page

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of making artist articles an intermittent feature? I'd certainly be interested in what else is lurking out there that thou pay attention to in the art sphere. Furry art and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete