Friday, August 12, 2011

Twisted Koncepts' Show Off Showdown 2011

Couple weekends ago, I decided to swing down to Raceway Park in Burnsville, MN to check out a show being put on by Twisted Koncepts.  Twisted Koncepts is a local crew that has been around a long time, and they are mainly made up of mini-truckers.  Knowing that, I knew the show would be filled with a lot of trucks all bouncing around on air-ride.  Fine by me!  I have a big soft-spot for mini-trucks and the amount of work put into them.  Plus, since I'm making the switch to air myself, I could look at some neat setups.

I showed up mid-day on Sunday, the last day of the show.  There was still a decent showing of trucks and cars, but I headed over to my friends' booth, Further Performance.  The local VW shop sponsored the show and brought out a few cars.  My buddy Tattoo Mike had his camo-wrapped, R32T swapped MK4 there.  If you haven't seen this car in the metal, you will.  He's touring it around the country plus he's a little on the famous side!  Anyways, despite the cloudy skies, the humidity was almost unbearable.  I was sweating through my clothes in a matter of minutes, so I didn't snap too many pics.  I mainly hung around Further's tent and tried to stay cool.

Tattoo Mike's Camo MK4

Redone bay

Latest project to roll out of Further.  A lot of plans still for this Ghia

The old classics I like

Sick Merc parked next to Further's tent

Tristan's (head-honcho at Further) 64 Notch

this dude had a lot of cool rides at the show

This was apparently the best-of-show and I could see why.  Tons of custom work, a big-block under the hood, and 18x12 billet rear wheels

Just wow


That's all.  After this, my clothes were drenched in sweat and I was ready for some A/C.  Speaking of AC, Anthrocon coverage is coming shortly!  It's gonna get a little fuzzy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment