Saturday, March 27, 2010

AZ Trip Part II and III

Oops, so yeah, this will encompass parts II and III of my trip.  Got to AZ thursday evening and my time was preoccupied with my boyfriend and homework, haha.  Now, we're in Las Vegas at the Sahara, staying for the weekend.

So, picking up where I left off last, Colorado Springs.  Of course, couldn't see this at night, but in the morning as I was packing the truck, I caught a view that blew me away:


Amazing, to me anyways.  Haven't been through Colorado in a number of years so the change in scenery was most welcome.  Leaving the hotel, more could be seen:

View just got better as I drove south towards New Mexico


Before crossing into New Mexico, stopped for some gas/food in Trinidad, CO.  There, I saw a homeless guy with his dog.  Felt sorry for him and his German Shepard, so I bought them lunch and gave them some money.  He wasn't the type to spend it on booze.  Looking back, I should have asked where he was headed since all he had was a rucksack.  It was comforting to see as I left, others helping him and his dog out too.

After crossing into New Mexico

Stopped off at historic Route 66

The drive was pretty straight forward, no mishaps.  Coming down to Phoenix from Flagstaff was fun with the hills.  After spending thursday night with the BF, we packed up and left Tempe around 2pm to head for Vegas.  This was a cool drive through the desert.  I will be snapping pics on the way back for sure.  Crossed a huge canyon that was absolutely stunning and of course the Hoover Dam!  I was like a little pup all over again.  We got to the dam around 8:30pm so it was dark and I didn't stop to take pics, but it was amazing!  I have never been to the Hoover Dam, so it was quite the experience.  We are going to stop on the way back since we will reach it during the day.

That's it for now.  Time to go hit the strip with my firedragon and be curious tourists.  I miss this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment