Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kaien the Husky

Finally, some artwork of me!  I've wanted some artwork done for awhile, just never got around to talking to the right people.  ^^;  Albeit, I'm lagging on updates, these pieces are rather recent, showing the evolution of my fursona from when my friend Aetherfax first penned me with my mate.

The first drawing is from my friend Carissa, or Adorable Foxie.  She's a fursuit builder and artist, and quite talented at both.  I saw a similar drawing of another character which is absolutely adored.  I asked her if she could draw one of me in the same style.  When she finally showed me the finished piece, I was quite ecstatic.  Captures my mischievous, playful nature perfectly.  Although, I am probably just fixated on my wonderful mate just out of picture.  =P





Next up is another piece from my good friend Aetherfax.  I needed a character reference sheet so I could finally have my own fursuit commissioned.  I figured since Aeth was the first to ever pen me, he should be the one to create my reference sheet.  I am truly honored to be able to work with Aeth in such a way.  He basically takes my ideas and brings them to my character just how I envisioned them.  After a lot of back and forth, sharing ideas and viewing numerous sketches (Aeth, thanks so much for making any changes that I requested!), Aeth finally delivered to me a finished reference sheet, and I couldn't have been happier with the result.  Not only is it a great representation of my fursona, but captures all of my unique touches that I wanted to incorporate.  I then sent it off to a few builders and now have a commission for my fursuit on order, which will be completed in December (more on that when updates come from the builder).





 I am very pleased with both pieces.  If you wish to contact either artist, please visit these links:







No comments:

Post a Comment