Saturday, July 10, 2010

PS117 Updates

It has been awhile since I've given a proper update on why things have slowed down a bit.  The most simple answer is; life got busy.  Family, work, cars, relationships, everything got hectic and I'm trying my best to hold everything together.

The IS finally has it's first serious break since getting built.  The head-gasket popped between cylinders 3 & 4.  Still ran fine, just down two cylinders.  So, it's been sitting in my garage as my friends and I have slowly torn into it on our free time.  We have almost everything off the head, sans the timing belt.  My friend Brando will come down to mock up a new intake manifold for it before we go any further with it.  The rebuild is shaping up to be quite good.  Complete head work, new springs and retainers, new valves, new cams, bigger injectors, new intake manifold, and if all goes well, a new turbo.  Should be quite the car come 2011.

I'm back on the Civic again too.  After sitting for months, deciding if I should sell or not, I changed directions AGAIN.  This time though,  I will stick to my guns.  I knew this project was going to take awhile anyways.  I've wanted to get back into drag racing, and while my IS300 is a great candidate, I've wanted to build a drag Honda for some time now.  Since my coupe is a stripped shell, I figure, what better place to start.  I finished prepping the bay for paint and did some work to the front-end to get it ready for a good-sized FMIC and some big tires.  I will be joining the ever increasing group of Civics running an Exospeed Racing front end for the car.  Check them out here:  Exospeed Racing.  Going to be a blast when it's done.

I also sold my truck, so with two cars just sitting in the garage all torn apart, I needed some form of transportation to get around.  Another project I have been wanting to build is something in the VIP area.  I also looked into getting back into VWs, but I guess I still have to wait on that.  Some searching turned up a great candidate in Chicago and I had the car delivered to MN.  It's a 2000 Lexus LS400.  Yes, another Lexus in the stable.  This car is very clean, sporting just 77,800 on the odometer when I took delivery.  Paint, body, and interior are all immaculate.  I've already "borrowed" the Enkeis off my IS300 to bolt on for the time being, and am getting my suspension sorted thanks to GPR Auto.  Keep your eyes peeled for updates.

Otherwise, life has been life, filled with ups and downs.  Right now, it seems more downs than ups, but I just keep trudging along.  I'm still working hard to keep a relationship afloat and have some great friends to thank for being there when I needed the moral support to keep my head straight.  Working on some cool projects with my media-marketing company, so that helps take my mind off of things. 

On the furry side of things, I am finally having a suit made, which I am excited about.  First though, I needed a good reference sheet.  I got a hold of Aetherfax again, who drew the commission I had done for Dracul and I, to pretty much bring my character to life.  What he has shown me so far is great.  I can't wait for the final piece.  When it's all done, I will have a stand-alone feature showing the step-by-step process of my reference sheet.  Thanks again Aeth !

No comments:

Post a Comment